Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Platform Edge and Adobe Launch Server Side License

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Platform Edge Network and Adobe Launch Server Side License. I already have AA, AT, AEP and AJO in my landscape.  Does Platform Edge Network and Adobe Launch Server Side already available or I need to add this as product lincense?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Agreeing with @Anil_Umachigi 

Edge Network is the new way to send data to the Experience Platform. It replaces the legacy libraries for Visitor ID service, Adobe Analytics, AAM, and Target. The new WebSDK alloy.js library bundles all of these. Well it does not exactly bundle them, it allows sending bundled requests into the Edge network, which then will forward the requests to the tools connected to your datastream and in the response also contain information from e.g., Target about to-be-rendered activities.

Server-side forwarding is a separate SKU you can license. Same as in GTM, the container incurs cost. Best you contact your Adobe support / success manager to make an inquiry.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Luca_Lattarini Edge Network is a feature and not really a product, You will however need Adobe Event forwarding license ( Launch server side) 

Correct answer by
Level 9

Agreeing with @Anil_Umachigi 

Edge Network is the new way to send data to the Experience Platform. It replaces the legacy libraries for Visitor ID service, Adobe Analytics, AAM, and Target. The new WebSDK alloy.js library bundles all of these. Well it does not exactly bundle them, it allows sending bundled requests into the Edge network, which then will forward the requests to the tools connected to your datastream and in the response also contain information from e.g., Target about to-be-rendered activities.

Server-side forwarding is a separate SKU you can license. Same as in GTM, the container incurs cost. Best you contact your Adobe support / success manager to make an inquiry.

Cheers