Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Overwrite files

Level 4

Hi,

Can we overwrite data files that we are sending to AEP?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 So to elaborate, the schema for the dataset is either "Record" data or time series data and this is what i was referring to. ( not really attributes within either of the schema) 

if the schema (for the dataset you willing to overwrite) is a record type, it will overwrite the data in profile. 

if the schema is a time series data, this will add another row in the data set and also be an additional data in profile. i.e overwriting will not work for time series data. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@SCB21 Could you elaborate? is the data files already ingested into dataset? if yes is it event or profile dataset ? 

Assuming the data is ingested 

• If event dataset, it cannot be overwritten (timestamped data). You have an option to identify the batch and delete them
  • if event dataset is enabled for profile, reach out to adobe to have this removed from profile store 
  • if profile dataset, it will overwrite with the latest data you have provided. 

Does that help? 

Level 4

Hi @Anil_Umachigi,

In terms of 'event' or 'profile' dataset, are you referring to 'events' and 'attributes' within the data.  We have ingested the files already and we were wondering if we can overwrite the files on both event dataset and profile dataset (if you are referencing attributes).

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 So to elaborate, the schema for the dataset is either "Record" data or time series data and this is what i was referring to. ( not really attributes within either of the schema) 

if the schema (for the dataset you willing to overwrite) is a record type, it will overwrite the data in profile. 

if the schema is a time series data, this will add another row in the data set and also be an additional data in profile. i.e overwriting will not work for time series data.