Expand my Community achievements bar.

multiple dataflows per source

Level 6

Do you know any real life examples of multiples dataflows for streaming HTTP API endpoint? What would be business use-case? I would like to understand this in depth so that is why I am asking. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Michael_Soprano Here's some examples 

A retail org with multiple brands serving same customers base but with different marketing automation tools ( mailchimp, hubspot, klaviyo etc..). 

To consolidate interactions of marketing campaigns run into a single dataset ( which is then enabled for profile) one could use HTTP API pointing to same dataset but with different flow from each of these marketing automation tools as events happen. 

Another one i could think of is an org wanting to capture customer feedback (NPS) via various channel ( Phone, Chat and kiosk app) could enable HTTP API to point to same dataset and collect data as it happens 

Does that help? 

Anil 

Community Advisor

Hi @Michael_Soprano  - We have a usecase where we are using multiple dataflows. The reason why we are using that is because some sources are not able to send the data in XDM format, on the other hand some sources can send data in XDM format.

We created multiple dataflows one XDM compatible and and other ones for non XDM compatible payloads. 

Thanks,

Arpan