Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to use a single data set for both Data Stream & Source Connector?

Level 4

Hi,

We are planning a migration to Web SDK for our web site and start using CJA. For some reason certain part of the web site still need to run AppMeasurement and those data will be sending to AEP with the AA Source Connector. While other data will be sent with Web SDK (Data Stream to AEP).

When creating the Source Connector data flow, it seems the data set is always automatically created with the data flow name. Is it possible to specify an existing data set to be used in the source connector data flow?

Thanks,

John

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Hey_John The AA source connector comes with out of box dataset, you cannot really change this or point to a new dataset. You may not be able to point them to same dataset. 

You can however still use it in within CJA based on what is the primary id chosen during connection. 

hope that helps 

Anil

Level 4

Hi @Anil_Umachigi ,

Is this data set created by source connector technically different than those created from UI? As there is an Adobe Analytics icon in the source column of the data set "Browse" page.

I am thinking is it possible after we created the data set from source connector, then we set the Data Stream to send data to this connector created data set?

I can see the connector created data set is available in the drop down menu of the Data Stream config UI, but would like to seek some advice in case this may damage the system.

Thanks,

John