Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How to verify the segment size before sharing segments with email marketing tool?

Community Advisor

Hi All,

What is the best approach to verify the segment size before sharing segments with email marketing tool? 

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 4

@Luca_Lattarini,

You can use the Segments UI or API - I can think of these 3 ways:

1. Edit Segment -> Refresh the estimates
  2. Browse Segment -> Select the segment -> see "Total audience in segment" card
  3. API Segmentation Service API -> https://developer.adobe.com/experience-platform-apis/references/segmentation/#tag/Estimates 

Regards,

Chetanya 

Employee Advisor

hi @Luca_Lattarini, most users can make use of the Segment Dashboards: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/dashboards/guides/segments.html?lang=en

These dashboards currently refresh daily. 

1. First understand the identities supported by the Destination. The most obvious here would be email address but it could be another cross-device ID.

2. Use the Segment Dashboard to understand the identity composition of the Segment. This will provide the maximum addressable audience according to the AEP data.

Community Advisor

@ thanks for your useful information. Yes, I agree to use segment dashboard with A udience Size widget to determinate the segment volumes. 

I have a question, you mentioned that this dashaboard is refreshed daily. What if, we need to find the segment volumes in short notice of few hours. Is the Segment Job through API for the segment created or use the profiles values that we have in the Segment builder?

Level 4

The UI result is only approximate and also the segment qualification happens sequentially. There is no way in AEP that you can get an exact number at any given time - not even via API. So, there will always be that discrepancy ~ a few percentage points.