Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How AEP can monitor social media?

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

How AEP can monitor social media such as fb , instagram Like etc?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Getting your social media analytics into Adobe Experience Platform (as a source) would be challenging. The walled gardens have made it almost impossible to get analytics data out of them. Earlier Adobe had a product called Adobe Social which was doing that, but it was relying on FB APIs and Twitter APIs to do it. Later due to changes in APIs, the product was discontinued. The best way to bring social data in would be through some 3rd party social monitoring/analytics tools . AEP does not have native source connectors for any social media platforms. That being said, if a 3rd party tool can get data, you can format it in XDM, give the right identifiers and bring it as event/profile data into AEP.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @amritprakash ,

thanks for your feedback. Yes, I know about the possibility to use destination for social media as mentioned in the shared link. My question is how can we track "Likes" on instagram, linkedin and facebook?

In addition, do we have the destination for Tiktok?

Thanks

Luca 

Correct answer by
Level 5

Getting your social media analytics into Adobe Experience Platform (as a source) would be challenging. The walled gardens have made it almost impossible to get analytics data out of them. Earlier Adobe had a product called Adobe Social which was doing that, but it was relying on FB APIs and Twitter APIs to do it. Later due to changes in APIs, the product was discontinued. The best way to bring social data in would be through some 3rd party social monitoring/analytics tools . AEP does not have native source connectors for any social media platforms. That being said, if a 3rd party tool can get data, you can format it in XDM, give the right identifiers and bring it as event/profile data into AEP.

Does Sprinklr can be considered as an alternative to get the Soical data ??

Employee

I'm curious, would using Brandwatch as a source assist in getting social data into AEP? You're point is spot on re: FB/IG but is there potential to import Twitter & Reddit data via Brandwatch into AEP? Brandwatch has a firehose connection to both TW / RED.