Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Events data from two websites into one dataset

Level 2

Hi,

I have two different datastreams to send WebSDK data from two different websites into the same dataset using the same websdk schema. My question is, when I build an audience or use these events, how would I differentiate between the events coming from website a or website b? Is it a good way to do it or should I setup a new dataset for different website? I am just confused how the dataset would differentiate that the data coming from website belongs to website a or website b. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AJOGeek  - Is it recommended to use different dataset per source. In your case since the source is different recommendation is to use a different dataset for different websites. In case its not an option, you can add a parameter in your schema (for example source) and ingest the value of this source as website A or B directly from the source system. You can also use web url as an option to differentiate.

Thanks,

Arpan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

can you check dataset and XDM Event class, i believe class name should be different for each website - based on the class name you can figure out 

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Is there a specific reason you're combining data from two websites into one?

Thanks You,

Uma

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AJOGeek  - Is it recommended to use different dataset per source. In your case since the source is different recommendation is to use a different dataset for different websites. In case its not an option, you can add a parameter in your schema (for example source) and ingest the value of this source as website A or B directly from the source system. You can also use web url as an option to differentiate.

Thanks,

Arpan