Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does ECID not map automatically to identityMap when uploading data from CSV?

Level 2

In our sandbox environment I am testing AJO journeys using test profiles created by uploading CSV files with user profile attributes. In the schema used for this, there are fields marked as identities for email address, phone number, loyaltyID, and ECID - all with the correct namespaces. All test profiles are also marked as testProfile = true. 

tksol95_1-1675287715905.png

During the data ingestion process I mapped the CSV fields to the appropriate schema fields and created a new dataset. When validating the attributes of the profile that I uploaded using Profiles->Browse I see that all identity fields were automatically assigned to an identityMap namespace except ECID. I attempted to delete and recreate the dataset and the same behavior was observed.

Is the non auto-mapping of ECID a known functionality or is there some step in the process I have missed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ah ok! what you could do to test it out is for a same profile with an existing ecid, upload another row with a new ECID and check if both of them show up ( ecid.0.id& ecid.1.id). 

or another option if you do not have a test website, use the API (Curl command) to send a fake web event with ECID, do not forget to include another id so that the profile can merge. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@tksol95 No.  ECID should behave the same as the rest as long as it is flagged as an identity and that identity has a namespace of ECID.

Level 2

Does the fact that the target schema for the data upload is Individual Profile instead of Experience Event class make a difference?

I don't think it should but I am trying to come up with reasons why this may be occurring.

Community Advisor

Ideally the ECID is automapped as identity when an event (web/app) is ingested into AEP, did you manually map the ECID field from CSV to the identity during the ingestion flow and check if that helps? 

Level 2

We do not have a test website so all of our data is manually mapped. The mapping worked correctly as the ECID namespace attribute is showing on the user's profile, but I was expecting to see an identityMap.ecid.0.id attribute also automatically appearing on the user's profile like for email address, etc.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ah ok! what you could do to test it out is for a same profile with an existing ecid, upload another row with a new ECID and check if both of them show up ( ecid.0.id& ecid.1.id). 

or another option if you do not have a test website, use the API (Curl command) to send a fake web event with ECID, do not forget to include another id so that the profile can merge.