Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Decoding Destination Activation Metrics

Level 2

For any segment we activate to a destination, we can see on UI there are columns for "Profile Received" and "IDENTITIES ACTIVATED"

Sometimes, these are equal, but many times Profiles Received > Identities Activated and also a few instances of Profiles Received < Identities Activated 

One will assume No. of eligible profiles in a segment = Profiles Received. Is this the case? Then what are Identities Activated?

Also, the Same segment is being activated to a Streaming Destination and S3 batch destination. The activation numbers differ here too! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Think of an ORG level scenario where Email_ID is marked as identity along with Employee_ID in your schema, now multiple person can upload same DL level Email_ID or shared mailbox id. So if 5 person who put their same DL Email in that case identity activated = 1 whereas there are 5 different profile fragments created in system.

I tried to explain with a hypothetical scenario which may not be relevant for your case, you need to analyze your data to get an accurate RCA.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @irohitshukla 

Profiles are qualified audience from your segment but identities are what you defined in your schema. For example, if you've defined both Email & PhoneNo as identity then your ProfileRecieved count is 1 but IdentityActivated count would be 2 for a profile. Now this count will not always be profile times identity due to shared identity scenario (same email or phone used by 2 users like husband & wife)

If you can elaborate a bit on the destination type we can answer better but batch and streaming destination are little different to each other, in S3 you would've received csv extract of selected attributes but in streaming (Facebook/Google etc) only allowed identity are sent over. 

Ref --> Monitor dataflows for Destinations in the UI | Adobe Experience Platform

Level 2

Thanks for replying. It reaffirms my take on this. Could you tell me under what scenario will the number of Identities activated will be less than Profile Received? 

Also, regarding the destinations - The streaming one is using a Kinesis connector and the batch is using an incremental S3 connector setup. 

Correct answer by

Think of an ORG level scenario where Email_ID is marked as identity along with Employee_ID in your schema, now multiple person can upload same DL level Email_ID or shared mailbox id. So if 5 person who put their same DL Email in that case identity activated = 1 whereas there are 5 different profile fragments created in system.

I tried to explain with a hypothetical scenario which may not be relevant for your case, you need to analyze your data to get an accurate RCA.

Level 2

Interesting behaviour. 

I also noticed multiple payloads being shared for the same profile in the streaming Kinesis setup. Actual example - one profile in the activated segment with a certain ID was sent seven times to Kinesis; out of them, two payloads were 100% identical, while for others, it was an attribute value update or some other segment qualification status change.

so in this case profile received = 7 and identity activated = 1 ?