Expand my Community achievements bar.

Course Discussion: Getting Started with Data Governance

Employee Advisor

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the course "Getting Started with Adobe Experience Platform Data Governance" on Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.

5 Replies

Level 1

I have two questions related to accessing the Data Governance features in my EAP sandbox instance.

1. The "PRIVACY" category (which contains the "Policy" menu item) does not appear.  What permissions do I need, or feature enabled, that grants me access to this functionality? 

2. Where do I find the functionality to view and edit the data labels and marketing actions?

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Hi Pete,

The Permissions model in Platform is changing. It's now in Platform instead of the Admin Console. 

Go to "Permissions" in the left nav:

dwright_0-1682034213991.png

Then pick the "Role" you want to edit:

dwright_1-1682034354407.png

The Policies and Labels permission items are under Data Governance:

dwright_2-1682034418661.png

The marketing actions can be selected if you have Manage Destinations permissions:

dwright_3-1682034469791.png

Level 1

I had my rights upgraded to Administrator for our Platform sandbox instance.  Still, none of the "Administration" options are appearing.  Below is all I see.  So, I haven't been able to make progress.  What do you suggest?

PPete23_0-1682174883575.png

Employee Advisor

Hi @PPete23 ,

It might be that your org is still on the old permissions model, in which case everything is managed in the Adobe Admin Console. This page shows what those screens look like for the Platform product. The instructions are very specific to the permissions needed for this tutorial, but the screenshots might help you:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/getting-started-for-data-architects-and-data-...