Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Shopify Datasets - There is no date time column in your selected source

Level 1

I have successfully connected AEP to Shopify using the sources within AEP. I have established 2 connections. One for the Orders table and another for the Customer table. Since the Order table doesn't contain any of the products within the order, I needed to include the Shopify.Order_Line_Items table. The issue that I am facing is this table doesn't contain a datetime field, which is required to establish a connection within AEP. Below is the message that I am receiving along with the Shopify source. I even tried to use a calculated field with the date() function, but it didn't like that either. It seems like AEP needs to account for sources without date fields. Any ideas?

"There is no date time column in your selected source. Select a source that includes a date time column."

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AZ_Analytics  The timestamp is available only in Order Schema and Shopify only updates the order schema for any changes in the order line items.

What you can do is create separate schema for Order Line Items and link it with Order Schema to get the timestamp.

You can follow the tutorial mentioned here which links product links item to products using SKU as the key.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/platform-learn/tutorials/schemas/configure-relationships-...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AZ_Analytics  The timestamp is available only in Order Schema and Shopify only updates the order schema for any changes in the order line items.

What you can do is create separate schema for Order Line Items and link it with Order Schema to get the timestamp.

You can follow the tutorial mentioned here which links product links item to products using SKU as the key.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/platform-learn/tutorials/schemas/configure-relationships-...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Thanks Manoj! I watched the video and this made sense. I tried again using that approach. I created a separate schema for Order Line Items called Shopify Products and link it with the Shopify Order Schema. However, I received the same message when I attempted to create the target dataset in AEP for the Shopify Order Line Items. On the Scheduling step it complained that there was no date time column in the source file. I even created the Order dataset first and confirmed that it pulled in all of the order records.

Level 1

I have discovered this issue is related to the scheduling, not the schema. If you select to run on a schedule then the UI doesn't allow for it since there is no date field to determine the scheduling. However, if you choose to run 'Once' then it works. If anyone else finds a better work around please let me know. In the meantime, I'll continue to trigger this job on-demand.