Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Schema Duplicate Records

Level 2

Hi Team,

I'm having trouble with AEP Schema. My question is this: I created a schema in AEP and inserted 50 records into it. Then I changed some values in the same file and inserted the record into the same schema, but it was not updated; instead, it was inserted into the same schema.

Is there any way to update the records?

SS for reference

jeeshan02_0-1703225095469.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jeeshan02 

When data is introduced into the Adobe RTCP platform the schema is the building blocks to collect data and a dataSet can be viewed as the pipeline to insert data into the schema. 

The data ingested will write into the unified profile store if the schema and dataSet are marked for profile.  Typically if updates are needed best practice is to create a new batch and re-insert the data.

Another option is to consider updating the dataSet for upsert functionality. This will allow for the updating of specific fields which are associated to an entity.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/catalog/datasets/enable-for-profile.html...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jeeshan02 

When data is introduced into the Adobe RTCP platform the schema is the building blocks to collect data and a dataSet can be viewed as the pipeline to insert data into the schema. 

The data ingested will write into the unified profile store if the schema and dataSet are marked for profile.  Typically if updates are needed best practice is to create a new batch and re-insert the data.

Another option is to consider updating the dataSet for upsert functionality. This will allow for the updating of specific fields which are associated to an entity.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/catalog/datasets/enable-for-profile.html...

Community Advisor

Hello @jeeshan02 ,

This is how AEP works, When you update data, a new entry is created in the dataset without replacing the old data. If the dataset was profile enabled, you will see the newly inserted data. If you wish to remove the old data for any reason, you can delete the dataset, create a new one, and then insert the updated data.

Even if you insert the same data again and again in the same dataset, a new entry will be added in the dataset for it. Old entry is never updated.

Best regards,

Arpan

Administrator

@jeeshan02 Did you find the suggestion solution helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.