Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP batch ingestion error

Level 2

Hi there, 

I am trying to ingest data into the dataset but I get the following error:

Format validation for field :personalEmail.address of type: String failed. The expected format was: email. Update the field and try again.

andreacastillom_2-1668389668271.png

Is there a way I can see the invalid email address to I can delete them?

Thanks,

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @andreacastillom  - There are certain standard should be followed on email address value to ingest without error. The technical address of the email as commonly defined in RFC2822 and subsequent standards (for example, name@domain.com). Therefore, you need to make sure the values being ingested are as per RFC2822 and subsequent standards. See preview to know what format of error you are getting and check those value from source level and see what are the email address that doesn't fit. 

i.e. xxaa@hfhf@domain.com is not acceptable as it doesn't come under mentioned standard. 

You can refer the below document for more info. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/data-types/email-address.html?lang=e...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @andreacastillom  - There are certain standard should be followed on email address value to ingest without error. The technical address of the email as commonly defined in RFC2822 and subsequent standards (for example, name@domain.com). Therefore, you need to make sure the values being ingested are as per RFC2822 and subsequent standards. See preview to know what format of error you are getting and check those value from source level and see what are the email address that doesn't fit. 

i.e. xxaa@hfhf@domain.com is not acceptable as it doesn't come under mentioned standard. 

You can refer the below document for more info. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/xdm/data-types/email-address.html?lang=e...