Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe CDP Source Connector Pros/Cons

Level 4

My team is evaluating what source connector might be best for ingesting paid media data from Facebooks Ads, Google Ads, and The Trade Desk. I was informed by Adobe support that the Google Ads source connector is temporarily unavailable with no ETA for when it will be working again. We are considering Azure Blob and HTTP API. Does anyone has pros/cons for using one over the other? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RyanMoravick 

I did a quick search through documentation and came up with the following summarization:

• Go with Azure Blob Storage if you need a scalable, durable, and cost-effective solution for storing large amounts of data and you’re already invested in the Azure ecosystem.
  • Go with HTTP API if you need real-time or near-real-time data access, flexibility in querying, and can manage the complexities of API rate limits and security.

So, it would most likely depend on your wants/needs for the use case.

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RyanMoravick 

I did a quick search through documentation and came up with the following summarization:

• Go with Azure Blob Storage if you need a scalable, durable, and cost-effective solution for storing large amounts of data and you’re already invested in the Azure ecosystem.
  • Go with HTTP API if you need real-time or near-real-time data access, flexibility in querying, and can manage the complexities of API rate limits and security.

So, it would most likely depend on your wants/needs for the use case.

Thanks,

David