Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics through Web SDK: Activity Map and Plug-ins

Community Advisor

Hello Experts,

Hope everyone is doing well!

We are inching forward to finalize a plan for Web SDK migration for data collection into Adobe Analytics. I would like if the below features are supported with Web SDK:

1. Activity Map
  2. Plug-ins
  3. Merchandising eVars

Please feel free to call out any issues you might have seen, if you already completed the migration or in the middle of it currently.

Thank you,

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Kishore_Reddy 

The AEP Web SDK collects a number of pieces of information automatically without any special configuration. 

When you installed an AEP Web SDK extension you can see something like below 

gokula_0-1646652144781.png

Enabling click data collection is bit similar to a combination of link tracking with AppMeasurement and Activity Map. By default is enabled. This can be tracked automatically however if you're implemented manual option then here is the link which shows manual tracking. 

About plugins - Are you looking any specific plugin info?

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Kishore_Reddy 

The AEP Web SDK collects a number of pieces of information automatically without any special configuration. 

When you installed an AEP Web SDK extension you can see something like below 

gokula_0-1646652144781.png

Enabling click data collection is bit similar to a combination of link tracking with AppMeasurement and Activity Map. By default is enabled. This can be tracked automatically however if you're implemented manual option then here is the link which shows manual tracking. 

About plugins - Are you looking any specific plugin info?

Hope this helps. 

Level 2

You could use your plugins within custom code editor and map the values to XDM schema to capture those values into platform and analytics etc.

Bonus point - Just to ensure that you upgrade your plugin code to the latest versions as the legacy plugins might have dependency on appMeasurement.js or etc.. to populate some values. That would solve the problem for majority of them.

Plugins are in Adobe pipeline to support in the near future, the workaround helps in the interim to go ahead with your implementations

Level 1

Hi @satyanarayanam1 

To use the plugins within the custom code editor does that mean adding the plugin code to  "On before event send callback" or by using the custom editor the AA via AEP Web SDK extension.

Is it possible to do it through the  "On before event send callback"? Is there a link or example that explains the code to add here?

Thanks

Level 2

@hashaikh - 
you can put in - on before event send callback - it executes just before sending the event to edge network. Similar to AA custom code editor.

Level 1

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal 

Can you let me know how do I navigate to the Data Collection screen? 

AmrishOnAdobe_0-1682505882956.png