Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics ingestion

Level 4

Hi,

I am bringing in data from Adobe Analytics as a streaming source connector into CDP AEP. I have created a segment in AEP - only with Adobe Analytics data --> segment audience include Form abandon users->

audience with event exists: Form Start    AND audience with event does not exists: Form Submit     

Although these events will be captured as two seperate event records in Adobe Analytics, while creating a segment in AEP with these audience, I am able to see segment member. How is Adobe Analytics events working in this case? in the same Adobe Analytics cookies events, how are we able to track both together in AEP? 

Hope this makes sense. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mansibedi For your segmentation definition ( and for all segments where you will use adobe analytics dimensions and metrics) the identity used is "ECID", the count of ECID's where "form start event occurred" AND "form submit did not happen". 

The output of this segment query will be total profiles which form the segment population. 

Anil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@mansibedi .. not sure I fully understand the question here as you seem surprised the segment is populating(?)

Analytics data will be coming into AEP as defined in your implementation so I assume (based on your segment definition) most of your users would fall into the audience until such time the 'Form Submit' come through under a specific identifier, at which point that specific user would then fall out of the audience.

Let me know if that helps or if you can add more context - Thank you

Level 4

Thank you!

Yes i think i was misinterpreting the definition but i think it is pretty clear now. 

Thanks for the help! 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mansibedi For your segmentation definition ( and for all segments where you will use adobe analytics dimensions and metrics) the identity used is "ECID", the count of ECID's where "form start event occurred" AND "form submit did not happen". 

The output of this segment query will be total profiles which form the segment population. 

Anil

Level 4

Hi Anil,

This makes sense, thank you for the clarification on this. Makes things clear on how the segment will work.