Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Activation AJO email using a encrypted email id?

Level 2

We are working on a AEP/AJO requirement which is expecting personal contactable data (like Email) to be decrypted before activation.

Scenario:
1. Encryption of user's email attribute at customer level.
2. Encrypted data to be ingested in AEP.
3. Email id needs to be decrypted before sending email to the person via AJO.

Step 1/2 are fairly simple but we need help to understand if step 3 (decrypting email before activation) is possible in AEP/AJO. if yes, please help us with possible options.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Vin_Adobe 

The way AJO works is it picks the email address directly from the XDM Individual Profile Class attribute and the attribute email is restricted to accept on email as the value you can't ingest any other data type in it.

My question is what is the point of ingesting the encrypted data when you are decrypting it in the same instance? If is it s security concern, then the decryption process shouldn't be on the same platform.

Please don't over-complicate simple things 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Vin_Adobe 

The way AJO works is it picks the email address directly from the XDM Individual Profile Class attribute and the attribute email is restricted to accept on email as the value you can't ingest any other data type in it.

My question is what is the point of ingesting the encrypted data when you are decrypting it in the same instance? If is it s security concern, then the decryption process shouldn't be on the same platform.

Please don't over-complicate simple things 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Thanks @_Manoj_Kumar_ ,

We are working with a banking client who wouldn't pass unencrypted user email_id to AEP, so we are trying to figure out the possible ways to do it.

Administrator

@Vin_Adobe Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.