Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Showing Error while creating data elements

Level 1

hi

I'm trying to create Data element in Adobe Experience Platform Data collection but when I'm selecting XDM Object It showing An error occurred like " Failed to Load schema metadata. An unexpected server response was received" . Could you please help me figure out how to fix this error?Adobe.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sometimes, this happened to me too, but not because of any problem of mine. When this data element opens, it queries AEP for your XDM schema. Sometimes, that query took a long time to respond, resulting in the front-end script timing out and showing that error. This didn't happen all of the time, but when it did, there was nothing I could till I waited a while later to try again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@SAI_KRISHNADA... a shot in the dark here but can you check if the 'Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK' extension you have installed has an available upgrade (if you check in the Extensions tab)? Please let me know - Thanks 

If not you may have to raise a Support ticket so the team can take a closer look at the logs for you

Level 2

@SAI_KRISHNADA This may happen when you don't have certain permissions in AEP. Work with your system/product admin get the correct permissions.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sometimes, this happened to me too, but not because of any problem of mine. When this data element opens, it queries AEP for your XDM schema. Sometimes, that query took a long time to respond, resulting in the front-end script timing out and showing that error. This didn't happen all of the time, but when it did, there was nothing I could till I waited a while later to try again.

Employee

Hi @yuhuisg,

If this is happening intermittently, try reloading the page and page cache by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R.

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Community Advisor

@Kumar_Saurabh_ yes, that is correct. I was pointing out that the main reason could be because of back-end querying taking too long to finish, which the user can do nothing about to overcome.