Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

sendBeacon and _satellite.track with custom code actions

Level 1

Hi all,

I have questions regarding the execution of _satellite.track calls in conjunction with 's.useBeacon = true' in Adobe Launch. Could someone please validate my assumptions for Adobe Launch?

Scenario 1: 

I trigger a _satelitte.track('xxx') via an onbeforeunload listener. The associated rule has a custom code action block where I interacting directly with the s object via s.tl(..). 's.useBeacon' is set to true.

Assumption: It's not given that tracking call is executed successfully, because custom code is not embedded within the main library and loaded asynchronously as a sperate file. This leads to a race condition, even with 's.useBeacon = true'.

Scenario 2: 

Same as above, with the difference that I use the Adobe Analytics extensions and a setVar + sendBeacon actions instead of custom code.

Assumption: It's given that tracking call is executed successfully because _satelitte.track is executed synchronously with associated code included in main library. s.useBeacon ensures request is sent even with the imminent page unload.

Is this assumption correct? 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jones

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, your assumptions are correct.

In general, Custom Code actions are loaded via separate JS files. So you will face a race condition in Scenario 1 where the browser is loading that JS file for your action, but then the browser also redirects to the next page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, your assumptions are correct.

In general, Custom Code actions are loaded via separate JS files. So you will face a race condition in Scenario 1 where the browser is loading that JS file for your action, but then the browser also redirects to the next page.