Expand my Community achievements bar.

How many Dats Streams Required to send data to different Report suites

Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Currently, we are moving from Adobe Analytics extension to WebSDK and the scenario here is :

We do have different websites, applications and functionalities to track which required 4 different properties in Adobe Launch and sending data to different Report Suites.

Configured single XDM schema for all the websites, now the suggestion I require is, adding adobe service to the data stream.
Do I've to end up creating 4 different data streams for the different report suites ? or Is there a way that I can accommodate all the report suites in a single DataStream.

Note : It's not a multisite tagging, and not sending same website data to two different report suites.

Thanks for the inputs in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee

Hello @sravaniRatakonda 

I would be careful about how many report suites you are mapping into a single XDM schema.  Please note only a single report suite should be enabled for profile.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/guardrails#primary-entity-gua...

what are some of the use cases across the 4 different sites?  Do they have the same data layer attributes or are they 4 completely different sites?

Level 1

@Bryan-Rekrut 
Thanks for the response.
Currently, we have 4 different websites with different business requirements - they are completely different websites and each website data is sending to its own report suite and some of the datalayer attributes are same in four websites.
The goal here is send data to Adobe Analytics using webSDK
Please suggest what are the steps and better ways to do this.

Level 8

HI @sravaniRatakonda 

It really depends if there are other Adobe tools attached to the datastream as well.

If there is only Adobe Analytics and the schema works for all 4 websites and launch properties, I would likely suggest 1 prod and 1 non-prod datastream with the corresponding RSID mapped.

Should you have different tools attached to the datastream e.g., one website also has Adobe Target attached, I would likely go the extra mile and create individual dev and prod datastreams per website. But this does not seem to be your case, correct?

Cheers

Level 1

@bjoern__koth 
Thanks for the response.
We are using adobe target for one of the websites. So the solution is configuring different data streams for each website data as we are sending them to different report suites? Please suggest

Employee

What is the use case which you are attempting to use the report suite data for?

Level 1

The report suite data is currently being used to showcase the performance of the website functionalities to the business/product owners.