Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Events are being passed for multiple times in adobeDataLayer

Level 2

Hi, I am using adobeDataLayer and pushing events to it. However, I noticed that as I move across the pages, events are being passed multiple times along with other page details when pushing data into adobeDataLayer. This becomes a problem that it's hard to locate the events, is this normal behavior? If not, what should I do to solve this issue?

SS.png

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So I guessed your site is a SPA such that the same window.adobeDataLayer being used for multiple "pages", as the Adobe extension does not carry adobeDataLayer forward from page to page by itself.

For SPA and when the adobeDataLayer is growing too long, you can use the reset data layer action to compute and merge all items in the data layer into one.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So I guessed your site is a SPA such that the same window.adobeDataLayer being used for multiple "pages", as the Adobe extension does not carry adobeDataLayer forward from page to page by itself.

For SPA and when the adobeDataLayer is growing too long, you can use the reset data layer action to compute and merge all items in the data layer into one.

Level 2

Hi Leo, thanks for helping! I have tried to use the reset data layer action, but after that I cannot get any data from adobeDataLayer.

SS1.png

SS2.png

Community Advisor

I just performed a test on the reset action and it works as expected. In your case the disappearing of the adobeDataLayer, you need to check if there are any other codes in Launch, or if your website manipulated the adobeDataLayer and accidentally deleted it.

Community Advisor

Don't inspect the adobeDataLayer array directly. Instead, log adobeDataLayer.getState() to see the latest, computed state of the data layer when each event occurs.

Level 1

Hi @YZ_J , I am also having the same issue, can you help to share the solution that worked for you.