Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate extension in Adobe Launch

Level 1

Hello folks! I am trying to duplicate the Adobe Analytics extension in a property. The reason is that I want an extension with a custom configuration that sends data to one report suite and another extension with other configuration that sends data to other report suite. 

Does someone know if that is possible? I know that in other TMS such as Tealium iQ it is possible, but I don't know if Adobe Launch it is possible.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No, you cannot modify extensions in AEP Data Collection.

... well, not exactly. You could steal-and-clone an extension. So you'd have the original Adobe Analytics extension and your own cloned Analytics extension in your property. But to do that, you'll need to basically go through the whole process of building your own extension. Depending on your programming and devops experience, this may or may not be something that you want to pursue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @jacobofreire8 

You can't add one extension twice in Adobe Data Collection ( Launch) however for your use case you can use the custom approach. 

likewise using an AA extension you can send data to A report suite and through creating a separate rule where in custom code you have the another AppMeasurement library which send data to B report suite and this rule fired based on your business logic. 

Hope this helps. 

Level 1

Thank you for your reply @Gokul_Agiwal 

That might be a solution, but I still have doubts if that will solve my problem. My main issue is that I want to modify the AA library depending on the user accepting or declining the use of cookies. Concretely, what I want is to avoid creating the AMCV cookie in the case that the user declines cookies but to create it in the case that the user accepts them. 

If the user accepts cookies I want to send data to one report suite but if he declines I want to send data to other report suite.

Do you think I will be able to do that in a Rule? Or maybe modifying the proper code of the AA library?

Thank you in advance.

Community Advisor

Short answer: You can't.

Long answer: You have to forget about using the Analytics extension, and resort to custom code in your Rules to send the data to report suite B and/or AAM.

Level 1

Ok, thank you. Am I not able to access the Analytics extension template and modify the library aswell?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No, you cannot modify extensions in AEP Data Collection.

... well, not exactly. You could steal-and-clone an extension. So you'd have the original Adobe Analytics extension and your own cloned Analytics extension in your property. But to do that, you'll need to basically go through the whole process of building your own extension. Depending on your programming and devops experience, this may or may not be something that you want to pursue.