Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Additional Analytics Instances in Launch Extension

Level 3

Is there a way that I am not finding - or even one on the development plan - to have more than one tracker instance available in the Analytics extension?  Essentially a way, in Launch, to use the s_gi() function from AppMeasurement.

We have a client migrating between report suite configurations, and need to fire requests to separate report suites using different mappings.  In DTM we could do this by installing 2 instances of the Adobe Analytics tool, but we can't figure out a way in Launch (short of a bunch of custom code, of course).

Thanks.  If there is a separate forum for this extension, please point me in the correct direction.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Launch - Feature Requests is the right place (presumably, the AA extension is maintained by the same team)

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

I would consider a workaround with a custom code and two rules per event. The custom code in every rule should set the suite ID and the actions should end with the clear variables method. Obviously, this will bring additional complexity, but it's probably the only way unless multiple extension instances are supported.

Level 3

Andrey Osadchuk​ - that is what we did.  Works, but definitely not elegant or "Launch-y" in my opinion.

Is there a place to put in feature requests for the Analytics Extension?  I know where to ask for things for the core Launch product, but not the solution-specific extensions.

The Launch team is excellent at responding to questions and suggestions.  Not so much with some of the solution extension teams.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Launch - Feature Requests is the right place (presumably, the AA extension is maintained by the same team)

Employee Advisor
Hi Gaurav, you may get more for other people but I believe the feature request is now part of the 'ideas' section - see https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-launch/idb-p/adobe-experi...

Level 3

Thanks - I'll try there.  I know the extensions are built and maintained by different groups than the core product but there doesn't seem to be anyplace else to put suggestions.

Level 10

Sounds good. From the architecture POV is see two options:

1) make it possible to install multiple instances of the same extension

2) make the AA extension compatible with multiple AA instances

Level 10

Andrey is correct, the Launch - Feature Requests​ page would be the best place to submit something for any of the Adobe owned extensions for now. Without getting into it too much, it's not the exact same team but the Launch team does work with the Analytics teams for that extension.

jonv70394534​​ - for some visibility. ​

Community Advisor

Andrey Osadchukjantzen.belliston-Adobe

Hi both,

We do have the same situation. In DTM, we used to have two analytics tool but as this is not possible in Launch .. I came up with below.

In case if any different ideas you have please suggest.

"we’ll go ahead with page load rule containing all the app measurement code and custom code for our partner analytics tool and then we triggered this rule once after our own analytics image request fired using rule ordering. As rule ordering allows us to control the rder of execution."

Andy, as per suggestion provide by you above, can we get any dummy example so that we can try for that as well.

Thanks,