Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Writing Translator plugin for AEM as a Cloud

Level 1

Hi all, we developed a Translator Plugin using the Adobe Bootstrap sample code against a local AEM instance (the quickstart).

We would like to make that plugin installable and usable in AEM as a Cloud but the documentation is vast and the process is not very straightforward.

1. What are the steps to follow to make sure a plugin is installable on AEM as a Cloud?
  2. Should we buy an AEM as a Cloud plan from Adobe?
  3. Is someone here available for consultancy on this matter?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @AlexFalappa!

If you are aiming to develop a plug-in or tool for AEM, it makes sense to have an AEM instance available for testing and quality assurance. If you or your company are a registered Adobe partner or customer, you might want to reach out to your Adobe representative to discuss the matter. In AEM CS, there is the concept of Rapid Development Environments that might be suitable for the purpose (but you'll need a license for AEM CS).

If you are not yet a business partner of Adobe, you might actually need to purchase a license for AEM CS as there is no public free-of-charge tier for this SaaS offering available from Adobe. As an alternative, you might evaluate becoming an Adobe partner but I don't have details about the process or benefits involved.

With regards to required steps to ensure your plugin is installable on AEM CS, please refer to the AEM CS Development Guidelines. Your code will also need to respect all restrictions and guidelines that are in place for AEM CS as well as passing all relevant quality gates of the Cloud Manager pipelines.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @kautuk_sahni 

if you can help here?

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@AlexFalappa 

Please raise a support ticket as well, while Kautuk is able to guide.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

@aanchal-sikka it seems I can't open a support ticket since I am missing an Adobe entitlement.

This is infact part of the question, do we need to license AEM in order to be able to produce a Translator Plugin for AEM as Cloud Service?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @AlexFalappa!

If you are aiming to develop a plug-in or tool for AEM, it makes sense to have an AEM instance available for testing and quality assurance. If you or your company are a registered Adobe partner or customer, you might want to reach out to your Adobe representative to discuss the matter. In AEM CS, there is the concept of Rapid Development Environments that might be suitable for the purpose (but you'll need a license for AEM CS).

If you are not yet a business partner of Adobe, you might actually need to purchase a license for AEM CS as there is no public free-of-charge tier for this SaaS offering available from Adobe. As an alternative, you might evaluate becoming an Adobe partner but I don't have details about the process or benefits involved.

With regards to required steps to ensure your plugin is installable on AEM CS, please refer to the AEM CS Development Guidelines. Your code will also need to respect all restrictions and guidelines that are in place for AEM CS as well as passing all relevant quality gates of the Cloud Manager pipelines.

Hope this helps!

Administrator

@aanchal-sikka Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni