Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workflow to Publish only approved content

Level 2

I'd like to create a workflow to publish but only on content that has been approved.

For example, say you have a workflow for content approval:

start approval workflow for content-fragment-1 -> content-fragment-1 approved -> end approval workflow

Then you would have 

start publish workflow for content-fragment-1 -> content-fragment-1 publish -> end publish workflow

But, what happens if someone makes a changes content-fragment-1 between the approval workflow and the publish workflow?

Is there a way to only publish approved content?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@AEM_PARTY : Try to create one single workflow to achieve this . Lock the page once workflow started and unlock it once workflow finished. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

@AEM_PARTY : Try to create one single workflow to achieve this . Lock the page once workflow started and unlock it once workflow finished. 

Community Advisor

Are you able to edit the CF in between workflow?

check lock unlock payload process.

Ref: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

Himanshu Jain

Level 2

Thanks for the replies and good points.

The reason there is no publish from the review flow is that we may want to hold the publish to a particular time (e.g. after business hours, wait until the weekend etc)

However, if a further edit takes place on the content after review but before publish we will end up with a non-reviewed change going out.

We could indeed lock the content until published but that seems draconian for a change that isn't scheduled to go out on a Friday night say.

Community Advisor

Hi @AEM_PARTY ,

I think the below blog will help you to get a clear understanding of what you are looking for. Please check let me know.

https://www.aemtutorial.info/2018/09/content-approval-workflows-in-aem-64.html?m=1#:~:text=There%20a...