Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Workflow and Priority in the Queue

Level 3

Dear All,

I have a trouble with the Granite Workflow Queue. I have an automatic asset importer, which uploads a lot of assets. Each one creates a new workflow instance for DAM Update Asset. At some point the queue is really full and if in that time a human author uploads an asset, it takes up to 20 hours for the asset to be processed.

Is there any way to set a lower priority for some user, so that any new items go to the top of the queue and the rest is processed in the spare time?

Please point me in the right direction :)

Kind regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes.. having different sling jobs is the only way in this scenario

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

I am checking with the WF ENG team for this, I am not aware of any flag or value that can be set. 

Level 10

Eng replied: 

"The only thing they could do today is figure out a way to have different workflows launched for these two conditions, and then configure different sling job queues for each workflow.  But if they are using workflow launchers in both cases it’s not possible today to start a different workflow per user, or based on how many workflows have been started etc."

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes.. having different sling jobs is the only way in this scenario

Employee

Hi,

• you didn't say which version of AEM you are using?
  • Are you regularly importing a lot of content, how much in a day?
  • After how many imports/size of import is the issue seen?

Rather than trying to implement a solution to work around the problem, you might consider how you are importing your content and see if you can use some logic, such as throttling [0], to slow down the ingestion of assets and therefore not affect the authors performing their tasks.

Regards,

Opkar

[0] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/configuring/scaling.html

Level 3

Thank you a lot, guys!

All very good ideas. I will try to do both: separate sling jobs and throttling.

For info, we are running 6.2 and normally there is not so much data, but every now and then there is a push of several GB in many separate image and video files.

Thank you again and be well!

Ivan