Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

WKND Tutorial - How to upload Images DAM (Chapter 3)

Level 2

Hi,

I am following WKND tutorial and in chapter 3 at the very end there is an optional exercise to upload images to dam. I am clueless as to how to do so? Is it from frontend or backend? The zip file has certain structure, which seems like I have to copy images from backend. But from where should i do so? And is it the standard way of uploading content - alway via backend.

Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 3 - Client-Side Libraries and Responsive Grid

Regards,

Sandeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

the content/asset uploaded resides in shared repository where it's available to all projects (WKND or We-Retail or etc.) unless you as an author/developer choose to restrict it.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you talking about

Upload relevant images to the DAM (optional)

You can upload several images to AEM Assets that match the WKND lifestyle design. These images will be used later. Imagery is license-free from https://unsplash.com/

You can download and install the below package on your local AEM instance.

Its a content package, upload it via package manager and install it -  http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/index.jsp

standard way of uploading packages is using -  /crx/packmgr/index.jsp

HTH

Level 2

Thanks Gaurav for your helpful response. One question, is like if I upload it this way, is the content/asset (in this case image) will be available to all the sites like WKND and WE.Retail. Or will it be only available to WKND.

Regards,

Sandeep

Correct answer by
Level 10

the content/asset uploaded resides in shared repository where it's available to all projects (WKND or We-Retail or etc.) unless you as an author/developer choose to restrict it.

HTH

Level 2

Thanks. That makes absolute sense. I come from Liferay background where the assets are scoped to site specific and there is also a global scope. So I believe that by default all the asset in AEM is at global scope and admin can restrict the visibility from there.

Regards,

Sandeep