Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

will we-retail package Of AEM 6.3 work in AEM 6.1 ?

Level 1

Is there any possibility for we-retail packageof AEM 6.3 and its component to behave in similar way in AEM 6.1 ? If no ,can anyone help me with the dependency clashes that might arise .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

It should not work straight away. You will be required to update some OOTB components/services/granite framework/apis/bundles which are introduces in 6.3 and are missing in 6.1 . I would like to understand why are you trying to make we retail work in 6.1 Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

It should not work straight away. You will be required to update some OOTB components/services/granite framework/apis/bundles which are introduces in 6.3 and are missing in 6.1 . I would like to understand why are you trying to make we retail work in 6.1 Thanks

Level 10

Major challenges would be component, script, dependencies, api difference.

When a API is deprecated, it's easy to make it available in future version so that at least upgrading a product does not break anything.

But what you are referring is backport a lot of component, script, dependencies, api difference to two version back.

It's not impossible as long as you are willing to do the hard work of converting all things in 6.3 to compatibility of 6.1.

but if we retail uses a specific feature or repository of 6.3 which was not there in 6.1, that would one more bigger challenge.