Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why launch copy get created while creating translation project.

Level 3

While creating a multi language translation project I have observed that if pages are already created in target language and we select page from source language then AEM creates a launch copy of page and display a path like this.

for example :- I have created a translation project for language FR and DE. Source language is EN. when i select page "donate-to-our-mission" from en language then it show below path in translation project

/content/launches/2019/03/20/launch_copy_of_testproject-multifr/content/test-project/abc/ca/fr/membership-and-giving/donate-to-our-mission

Why this copy is created. What's the reason behind this.

Is there any reason that it can be created for a single language project also.

Can anyone help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi karansheel,

When the destination language copy (page, asset etc) already exists, "AEM treats this situation as an update translation. A launch is created and a copy of the page is added to the launch, and included in the project."[0] This functionality is same for single language as well as multi language projects. For details please refer to [0].

[0] Managing Translation Projects

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi karansheel,

When the destination language copy (page, asset etc) already exists, "AEM treats this situation as an update translation. A launch is created and a copy of the page is added to the launch, and included in the project."[0] This functionality is same for single language as well as multi language projects. For details please refer to [0].

[0] Managing Translation Projects