Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Why jcr:created property is being changed in case of any activation?

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I am using CQ5.5 When i create a CQ page, jcr:created and cq:lastModified properties will be created in "/content/app-name/test/jcr:content" path.
when we activate anything from author to publish then the published content node is modified and both last modified time-stamp and creation time-stamp being updated. 

CQ internally doing something. It seems this is default behavior of CQ.

I don't know why jcr:created property is being changed. It should only modify the cq:lastModified propery in case of any activation.

Can anyone tell me is there any configuration or any property needs to be added to avoid updating the jcr:created property

Thanks,
Anderson
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

This is a common misunderstanding that you are updating the same node on the publisher.

What is actually happening is that you are creating a new version of the node when you activate it and on the publisher, you then insert the new node instead of the old one. If you look at the jcr:content of your node in the Publisher, then you will notice the properties jcr:baseVersion, jcr:predecessors and jcr:versionHistory that are all of the type Reference (or Reference array). Take a look at them nodes and you will find the "old ones". There is a lot of things going on under the surface when creating the nodes. Same thing happens on the author side.

/O

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

This is a common misunderstanding that you are updating the same node on the publisher.

What is actually happening is that you are creating a new version of the node when you activate it and on the publisher, you then insert the new node instead of the old one. If you look at the jcr:content of your node in the Publisher, then you will notice the properties jcr:baseVersion, jcr:predecessors and jcr:versionHistory that are all of the type Reference (or Reference array). Take a look at them nodes and you will find the "old ones". There is a lot of things going on under the surface when creating the nodes. Same thing happens on the author side.

/O

Former Community Member

Hi Ove Lindström,

Thanks for your valuable information, I have looked into jcr:baseVersion, jcr:predecessors and jcr:versionHistory in publish instance. There is lot of things are happening :) I got some out-of -box info. But still i did not get the information what i wanted.

It is going to something like "/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/74/1e/01/741e0150-d737-462e-bc12-dc591668f6bb/jcr:rootVersion" If i click the any one of the above properties. But all the timestamps is having recent timestamp. But i wanted to have created date of that particular node not modified/updated date. Is there any thing to get the created date?

Thanks in advance !

Level 2

Is there a way we can stop updating jcr:created date in AEM published instance?