Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

why i am getting while adding image component in creating new template?

Level 2

Screenshot from 2023-01-10 19-55-47.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hetbv 

As per my understanding, you are getting an image component by default when you create a new component, correct? If yes, please check the template type that you are using to create a new template.

If it is related to the page, check the template's initial content.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@hetbv are you talking about the broken image on the page? can you double check whether the image is available in AEM dam or not? 

If the issue is something else, please share more details about the issue. 

Level 2

I am making a new template for the sample site and adding an image component to it. why I am getting this broken image instead of like this?
Screenshot from 2023-01-11 10-49-01.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hetbv 

As per my understanding, you are getting an image component by default when you create a new component, correct? If yes, please check the template type that you are using to create a new template.

If it is related to the page, check the template's initial content.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

@hetbv as per screenshot, it looks like you trying to create a new editable template from existing template type and by default you getting those two components, this might be due to those two components part of your template-type structure node. Please cross check.

Community Advisor

@hetbv can you be more specific. I am expecting that you are getting image component by default. Check below possibilites

1. Are you using custom template or any OOTB template generated by Archtype?

2. If its custom template, once check the template structure if their are any default image component added

3. What project archtype are you using?