Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why are some page properties disabled on AEM We Retail reference site

Level 3

I am doing some search-engines related research on Adobe Experience Manager's reference site - We Retail.

I've realised that page properties on some pages (ex. http://server:port/sites.html/content/we-retail/us/en/products) are disabled like it is shown in this picture.

enter image description here

Tried on another clean instance, it is the same.

What could be a reason for this and where it can be enabled for editing again?

The interesting fact is that I can edit the same page properties in page -> page information -> edit template -> page information -> initial page properties This tells me that there might be some restriction in product-page template, but it has the same properties as content-page template.

I am logged in as administrator, so there should be no permission problems.

AEM 6.4.2v

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It is disabled because products page is a livecopy of "/content/catalogs/we-retail/en/website-template-pages". See below:Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.14.47 AM.png

You can select the page, go to the references and check the blueprint associated with the page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

The properties are disabled because of inheritance. All properties are inherited from the blueprint/master. If you want to edit the properties you can click on the cancel inheritance button as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.02.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.03.12 AM.png

Level 3

JaideepBrar​ yes, but does that mean that on the path http://server:port/sites.html/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/products there should be no inheritance? Because I can see that these properties are disabled there as well.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It is disabled because products page is a livecopy of "/content/catalogs/we-retail/en/website-template-pages". See below:Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.14.47 AM.png

You can select the page, go to the references and check the blueprint associated with the page.