Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Why are some page properties disabled on AEM We Retail reference site

Level 3

I am doing some search-engines related research on Adobe Experience Manager's reference site - We Retail.

I've realised that page properties on some pages (ex. http://server:port/sites.html/content/we-retail/us/en/products) are disabled like it is shown in this picture.

enter image description here

Tried on another clean instance, it is the same.

What could be a reason for this and where it can be enabled for editing again?

The interesting fact is that I can edit the same page properties in page -> page information -> edit template -> page information -> initial page properties This tells me that there might be some restriction in product-page template, but it has the same properties as content-page template.

I am logged in as administrator, so there should be no permission problems.

AEM 6.4.2v

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It is disabled because products page is a livecopy of "/content/catalogs/we-retail/en/website-template-pages". See below:Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.14.47 AM.png

You can select the page, go to the references and check the blueprint associated with the page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

The properties are disabled because of inheritance. All properties are inherited from the blueprint/master. If you want to edit the properties you can click on the cancel inheritance button as shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.02.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.03.12 AM.png

Level 3

JaideepBrar​ yes, but does that mean that on the path http://server:port/sites.html/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/products there should be no inheritance? Because I can see that these properties are disabled there as well.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It is disabled because products page is a livecopy of "/content/catalogs/we-retail/en/website-template-pages". See below:Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 8.14.47 AM.png

You can select the page, go to the references and check the blueprint associated with the page.