Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where do I get the "war" file for AEM 6.2?

Level 2

I have downloaded the quickstart.jar file for AEM 6.2 and have it running for a development instance. But we will need to deploy AEM in a Tomcat instance for our production setup, and I need the war file. But from the Adobe licensing web page, I only seem to be able to download the jar version. Where do I go to get the war file?

Also, I know the documentation says to install on Tomcat 7 using Java 7. But does anyone know if it works with Tomcat 8 and Java 8? (I'm mostly concerned about making sure we support TLS 1.2 from the outset, and I know that it will work fine with Java 7, but with Java 8 the 'default' is to use TLS 1.2 and not TLS 1.0.)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Both the Jar and the War file should be present in the Adobe licensing website. If you are able to download the jar you should be able to download the War also.

License comes into picture when you try to use them, without the license key the product would not work. If you have a valid license account with Adobe then there should not be any problem.

If you are still not able to find the War file location in the website kindly open a daycare ticket for the same.

Thanks

Tuhin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Download AEM

Level 2

When I go to the Adobe licensing website, I have the ability to download the "Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 Quickstart Setup" and "Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 Quickstart Deployment for Application Server" - but both of these download a 'zip' file that contains the "AEM_6.2_Quickstart.jar" file, and I can't seem to find anywhere to download the ".war" file. I was under the impression that the app server file would be the ".war" file, but no-dice.

Does this mean I don't have the proper license? (Is there a different license for the "quickstart.jar" vs. the ".war" file?)

Correct answer by
Level 7

Both the Jar and the War file should be present in the Adobe licensing website. If you are able to download the jar you should be able to download the War also.

License comes into picture when you try to use them, without the license key the product would not work. If you have a valid license account with Adobe then there should not be any problem.

If you are still not able to find the War file location in the website kindly open a daycare ticket for the same.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 10

If you are not able to find the war file in your downloads, please get in touch with your adobe sales rep and they should be able to get you.

Administrator

As mentioned by Others, 

Jar and war file should be present in Adobe Licensing site. If your are not able to find it then please contact sales team for it.

Link:- http://www.adobe.com/in/products/request-consultation/marketing-cloud.html

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni