Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

When installing a bundle via CRX Package Manager, is it possible to preserve original modification metadata?

Level 7

Hi,

When installing a bundle via CRX Package Manager, is it possible to preserve original modification metadata:

• jcr:created
  • jcr:createdBy

If we don't preserve the original values for these attributes, jcr:created will be a point in time after jcr:lastModified which is undesirable for us.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

LinearGradient wrote...

In Backup and Restore, Package Manager is specified as a possible means of backing up and restoring content.

We have been using this approach in the past few months as advised by Adobe consultants, however we have noticed that this approach is changing the given metadata properties (i.e. jcr:created, jcr:createdBy) and this is not what we had expected.

This is especially problematic because jcr:created is set to a date after jcr:lastModified which doesn't make sense.

So we are looking for a way to preserve the original values of these properties when we restore a package based backup.

AFAIK no such option to preserve value out of the box. You might have to create a version in package on each back up and restore later which ever version you want.

http://aemfaq.blogspot.com/2013/07/package-manager-view-with.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

What is your exact use case?

Level 7

In Backup and Restore, Package Manager is specified as a possible means of backing up and restoring content.

We have been using this approach in the past few months as advised by Adobe consultants, however we have noticed that this approach is changing the given metadata properties (i.e. jcr:created, jcr:createdBy) and this is not what we had expected.

This is especially problematic because jcr:created is set to a date after jcr:lastModified which doesn't make sense.

So we are looking for a way to preserve the original values of these properties when we restore a package based backup.

Correct answer by
Level 10

LinearGradient wrote...

AFAIK no such option to preserve value out of the box. You might have to create a version in package on each back up and restore later which ever version you want.

http://aemfaq.blogspot.com/2013/07/package-manager-view-with.html