Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's the correct way to deploy Brightcove Connector and make sure brightcove-services.jar is updated?

Level 3

The project I'm working on uses Brightcove Connector by Coresecure. We're having a problem where changes to the code in the core Brightcove Services jar aren't being reflected into AEM. I'm wondering what the proper way to make sure this jar is built and deployed to AEM is. We can build the jar manually and install it as a bundle under http://ourserver:4502/system/console/bundles, but this doesn't seem correct. It seems like it should be possible to have this deploy automatically when Maven builds.     

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Brightcove informed us today that 5.3.1, although listed on the same site as 5.1.6, isn't ready yet. We went back to 5.1.6 and things are working better.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Always keep external Jars in your Code base such that it should be deployed to all your instances using code. Keep jar in your codebase somewhere add it as dependency in your POM file like this:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.yourJARNAME</groupId>

<artifactId>yourJar-bundle</artifactId>

<version>1.0</version>

<scope>system</scope>

<systemPath>${basedir}/<yourJarFolderInYourCodebase>/externaljar-bundle-1.0.jar</systemPath>

</dependency>

Hope this is helpful!

Level 8

You can also embed your dependency

<Embed-Dependency>dependencies</Embed-Dependency>

Refer to Apache Felix - Apache Felix Maven Bundle Plugin (BND)

Level 3

I now have some more color on this problem. The way the Brightcove Connector 5.3.1 maven build is configured it embeds the brightcove-services jar in the main bundle and directs it to be installed under /apps/brightcove/install. This all works fine. On my local environment if I restart the server the connector works as expected. This isn't working, however, on our host server and I can't figure out why.

Level 3

Hermant,

Maybe I'm not following what you're saying, but I tried embedding this jar as a dependency and it didn't work. In fact, my local environment stopped working where it was working before.

Level 3

navinkaushal

This isn't a system jar. The Brightcove Connector gets added to your codebase as source if you choose to modify it. When the maven build runs it creates a bundle and deploys it AEM the same as the rest of your code. I've learned in the last 2 weeks that along the way it bundles up brightcove-services and adds that jar to the Brightcove Connector bundle and brightcove-services ends up as a bundle viewable under /system/console/bundles.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Brightcove informed us today that 5.3.1, although listed on the same site as 5.1.6, isn't ready yet. We went back to 5.1.6 and things are working better.