Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

What happens when assets get expired in AEM assets

Level 3

Hi Team,

Kindly help me understand what exactly happens after an asset get expired. As per the below link : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/drm.h... it says "The expiry information ensures that the published asset is unpublished when it expires, which prevents license violation.

My query is will the asset gets deactivated from publish instance or brand portal or dynamic media if an asset is expired.

The off time property deactivates the asset from publish instance, but will prism:expirationDate deactivate an asset from publish instance.

Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hello @Smrithi1 

Please refer to following section

in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/drm.h... 

Config: Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification 

You can configure the scheduler using the following properties:

• A true value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.istimebased initiates the scheduler. * The value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.timebased.rule is the regular expression to define the time. The example above initiates the scheduler job at 00 hours.
  • If send_email is set to true, the asset creator (the person who uploads a particular asset to Assets) receives an email when the asset expires.
  • The maximum number of assets expired in one iteration of the scheduler is the value of the property asset_expired_limit.
  • To run the job periodically, set the value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.istimebased as false and set the value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.period.rule with time in seconds.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@smrithi_govind 

When an expiry is reached, an asset is expired i.e unpublished.

In context of AEM, when an asset is unpublished:

1. Its removed from AEM publish
  2. Unpublished in Dynamic Media.
  3. Removed from Brand portal based on link

The behaviors observed during unpublishing asset, should also apply during expiry

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@Smrithi1 I trust the AEM community has been beneficial for you. We hope to see you back as either a learner or a contributor. The community flourishes with SMEs like you. Encourage your AEM peers to participate as well. Happy AEM learning!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi @aanchal-sikka

Will the unpublishing happen as soon as the asset gets expired. I tested the same on my local instance 6.5 with 6.5.18 service pack, and I can see the assets not unpublished from local publish instance. Is there any configurations that needs to be set for unpublishing it as soon as it expires? Kindly advice. Thank you.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hello @Smrithi1 

Please refer to following section

in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/drm.h... 

Config: Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification 

You can configure the scheduler using the following properties:

• A true value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.istimebased initiates the scheduler. * The value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.timebased.rule is the regular expression to define the time. The example above initiates the scheduler job at 00 hours.
  • If send_email is set to true, the asset creator (the person who uploads a particular asset to Assets) receives an email when the asset expires.
  • The maximum number of assets expired in one iteration of the scheduler is the value of the property asset_expired_limit.
  • To run the job periodically, set the value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.istimebased as false and set the value of the property cq.dam.expiry.notification.scheduler.period.rule with time in seconds.

Aanchal Sikka