Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

What happens if we dont upgrade AEM instance with Service Pack2 update ?

Former Community Member

Hi ,

My Client is keen to understand why need this patch called Service Pack2?

What happens if we dont upgrade the AEM instance with SP2 package?

Currently for our website there are not really any issues except few instance reboot timing issues and few CPU utilization going to 100% every 2-3 months time.

Please let me know how Service Pack 2  update will help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Each Service pack are important update that includes security, performance, stability, and key customer fixes and enhancements. You should always plan to install latest one & if you have timing issue can delay installation but do not ignore to not install it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It doesnt harm anything if AEM is not upgreaded with SP2 if you dont have any major concerns.

However, it comes with some of the major fixes with AEM 6.0. Please refer [1] for the release notes so that you can understand the changes you get out of SP2

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/release-notes-sp2.html

Correct answer by
Level 10

Each Service pack are important update that includes security, performance, stability, and key customer fixes and enhancements. You should always plan to install latest one & if you have timing issue can delay installation but do not ignore to not install it.

Former Community Member

but for the issues which we are facing with cpu utilization and aen instance rebooting is taking 3.5 hours?

these issues really got rectified after we installed sp2 on staging environment.

So according to you Sp2 is not a mandatory package for AEM instance, this can be omitted?

please let me know