Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

What does this error mean on workflows?

Level 2

I'm trying to create an OR split which either rejects and sends it back (participant step) to the original authors and other one activates the content(process step). But I'm getting this error when I click on sync. I'm on AEM cloud. Please help me

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You have to select a default route which I did and its working now.route.JPG

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jaitrex ,

AEM 6.4 content approval workflow.png

Please refer above workflow. Also, visit this article for step by step process of creating a workflow for content approval: https://www.aemtutorial.info/2018/09/content-approval-workflows-in-aem-64.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUuObexK8Lw

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

I actually followed the exact same video to create mine and I got errors for the same.

Community Advisor

@jaitrex This error happens when any one of the condition is either blank or not having the proper step within any of the OR Split branch.

Please try to configure it correctly, it should work.

I tried out with the steps provided in the above screenshot on AEM 6.5.12 version, it is perfectly working fine.

shaileshbassi_0-1655833394652.png

Thanks 

Correct answer by
Level 2

You have to select a default route which I did and its working now.route.JPG

Community Advisor

Default route is not a mandatory checkbox, I created the workflow without default route and it is working perfectly fine.

Just try to save the workflow by making any of the OR split branch without a step or without proper step, you will see the error as below:

shaileshbassi_0-1655834067802.png

And the error message also states "Split steps must have a valid step in every branch", which means one or more steps within the branch is not valid.

Thanks