Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Vanity Urls for DAM assets

Level 4

Hi is there an equivalent vanity urls feature for DAM assets?

Are there other authoring-friendly ways to achieve something similar (with minimal developer involvement (e.g. sling internal mappings))?

For example we'd like to have a vanity URL for a terms-and-conditions document hosted in the DAM.  The vanity url would map to somewhere like /content/dam/weretail/docs/legal/terms-and-conditions-2019.pdf

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Could u pls use sling resource resolver configuration to achieve this

Resource Mapping

Level 4

Thank you for the suggestion ka786​.  I wondered about sling internal mappings but I'm not sure I would describe that as "authoring-friendly"(?)

Employee Advisor

Sling Mapping Or Redirects at apache level are the only options. In this case, authors have to assume that "/content/dam" will be replaced by "/" when the page/asset will be loaded on the publish instance Or live site.

NOTE: Do not use sling mappings on author instance as it is only recommended to be used on Publish.

Level 4

Thanks JaideepBrar​ for the suggestion. 

Given a vanity url example of '/annual-reports', how would you configure apache so that it knows whether it should redirect to page request in the CMS under /content/wherever or to an asset in the CMS under content/dam/wherever?  And in the case of assets what request extension would you add to the request for the resolver process to act on?

Neither apache redirects nor sling mappings are author-friendly.  I'm looking for a solution where, for example, an author can set a vanity URL themselves against an asset (as they can for a page), perhaps using the assets editor.   We want to avoid a process that needs sysdmin/ developer involvement each time a new vanity url is added.

Level 4

smacdonald2008​ hi do you know if there is any Adobe official support / features/ plugins or advice on vanity urls for DAM assets? thanks