Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

user permission.

Level 5

Hi All,

Good day !!

I need an info regarding user permission.

We have few groups created on AEM. (Developers, Content-Authors, Reviewers, Administrators and Infra Admins)  

What is the minimum permission we need to grant to above user groups to login to AEM?  I mean that there are some nodes named bin ,app, content ,lib etc in user permission screen. So to grant access to AEM based on user groups, which folder permissions we need to grant ? .

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can add contributer groups to your user / groups. It act as base group for all user and groups that must be able to access the authoring environment.

Contributer is an OOTB group

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can add contributer groups to your user / groups. It act as base group for all user and groups that must be able to access the authoring environment.

Contributer is an OOTB group

Level 10

As @edubey mentioned, contributors would be the right group to begin with. Then you can add/delete the permissions according to your requirement. Hope that helps !

Administrator

Hi

This is what i found in documentation, may be this could help you:

contributorGroup

Basic privileges which allow the user to write content (as in functionality only).

Does not allocate any privileges to the /content tree - these must be specifically allocated for the individual groups or users.

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/administering/security.html#Built-in%20Users%20and%20Groups

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni