Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

User access to only child page in Siteadmin

Level 10

Hi,

Here the use case from Geometerixx media from 5.6.1.

When an admin logs in, he should be able to see complete site structure. ( See screenshot Pages on Admin Access )

When an XYZ logs in, he should see the site structure from one of the child page ( See screenshot Page on XYZ User Access )

If anyone has worked on similar use case, please let me know how permission needs to be configured for this use case.

Let me know if it's not feasible or invalid use case.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thats not possible as the user will not have access to the root node, it will not be able to show the child nodes. 

One option would be to give only the 'read' access to the parent node and all the other relevant access to the child nodes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thats not possible as the user will not have access to the root node, it will not be able to show the child nodes. 

One option would be to give only the 'read' access to the parent node and all the other relevant access to the child nodes.

Administrator

HI Praveen 

I agree with Bsloki, "user will not have access to the root node, it will not be able to show the child nodes."

I will try this at my end and let you know.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni