Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

User Access based on Experience Fragments Templates

Level 1

Typically AEM allows to have ACL (Access control) based on folder structure and then it by default applies to hierarchy under that node.

We have a use case where we want to have access control based on Template of Experience Fragments with the expectations that any content created using that template will have same access control irrespective which folder the content is created.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's not possible with AEM ootb. If you have that requirement, your content structure is probably not in-line with the Adobe best practices. Because there access control is a strong factor when you design it.

Can you share some of your requirements which lead you the approach of "create ACL per template"?

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

You might need to look into below thread. AEM security ACLs are not designed to provide access based on component level.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/permissions-based-on-userg...

Community Advisor

I don't think that is something achievable OOTB in AEM. But I will check for more expert advice here. 

@Jörg_Hoh @arunpatidar @Theo_Pendle @Jaideep_Brar @kautuk_sahni 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's not possible with AEM ootb. If you have that requirement, your content structure is probably not in-line with the Adobe best practices. Because there access control is a strong factor when you design it.

Can you share some of your requirements which lead you the approach of "create ACL per template"?

Jörg

Community Advisor

I would suggest using the content structure to restrict template and access.

Example

/content/experience-fragments/myapp/exp-type1/ (allow only exp-type1 template and use ACL/group to restrict access)

/content/experience-fragments/myapp/exp-type2/ (allow only exp-type2 template and use ACL/group to restrict access)

Arun Patidar