Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Upgrade to 6.4 [cq-social-blog, cq-social-commons, cq-social-storage]

Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently working on upgrading aem 6.2 to aem 6.4.

The following are used by our custom components

cq-social-blog

cq-social-commons

cq-social-storage

The bundle that imports the above ends in error:

org.apache.sling.jcr.resource -- Cannot be resolved

I have gone through the following posts:

AEM 6.4 beta, Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver not present

AEM 6.0 upgrade to AEM 6.2 - com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-blog Removed AEM 6.0 upgrade to AEM 6.2 - com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-blog Removed

Strategy for upgrading project that uses some classes from com.adobe.cq.social.blog

After going through the above posts and also digging through the decompiled classes under the following:

cq-social-blog

cq-social-commons

cq-social-storage

I found that the following class which is deprecated in AEM 6.4 Uber Jar

org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrResourceResolverFactory

is being used in the following. This is causing the error:

cq-social-storage

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-storage/1.0.11/cq-social-storage-1.0.11.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/storage/index/impl/IndexService.class

cq-social-blog

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-blog/1.2.7/cq-social-blog-1.2.7.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/blog/trackback/TrackbackServlet.class

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-blog/1.2.7/cq-social-blog-1.2.7.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/blog/search/process/BlogSearchPingProcess.class

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-blog/1.2.7/cq-social-blog-1.2.7.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/blog/antispam/process/CheckSpamProcess.class

cq-social-commons

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-commons/1.2.32/cq-social-commons-1.2.32.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/commons/AbstractCreateCommentServlet.class

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-commons/1.2.32/cq-social-commons-1.2.32.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/commons/impl/AysncReverseReplicatorImpl.class

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-commons/1.2.32/cq-social-commons-1.2.32.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/commons/impl/CommentJcrPathBuilder.class

com/adobe/cq/social/cq-social-commons/1.2.32/cq-social-commons-1.2.32.jar!/com/adobe/cq/social/commons/impl/UserStateToggleManagerImpl.class

As per the official documentation in sling:

JcrResourceResolverFactory (Apache Sling (Builder) 6 API)

The

JcrResourceResolverFactory

is deprecated and the new class according ResourceResolverFactory (Apache Sling (Builder) 6 API)

ResourceResolverFactory

should be used.

Are there new versions of the following released for AEM 6.4

cq-social-blog

cq-social-commons

cq-social-storage

Please let me know is there a solution for this.

Regards,

Mano

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Deprecation means just that: deprecation. It does not mean that code is missing. It is still there and working. It's unlikely that this deprecation causes the issue you are seeing.

For me it rather seems that you own custom code imports the Java package "org.apache.sling.jcr.resource", which has been removed. But there are replacements available so your custom code can be adjusted easily.

HTH,

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Deprecation means just that: deprecation. It does not mean that code is missing. It is still there and working. It's unlikely that this deprecation causes the issue you are seeing.

For me it rather seems that you own custom code imports the Java package "org.apache.sling.jcr.resource", which has been removed. But there are replacements available so your custom code can be adjusted easily.

HTH,

Jörg

Level 1

Thank you very much, The class JcrResourceResolverFactory is not deprecated it is removed in the 6.4 Uber Jar

Uber Jar 6.4

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.31.39 am.png

Below is the Uber Jar of 6.2 (Here the class is present but deprecated)

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 10.44.28 am.png

We are upgrading from 6.2 to 6.4.

There is no reference to removed classes in Custom Code

We have decided to do away with the cq-social modules for the upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

Mano

Employee Advisor

Hi,

but in other this would mean, that these cq-social modules in question are not runnable on AEM 6.4, and this would affect a non-upgraded version as well.

Just reviewing my AEM 6.4 SP3, I found no cq-social-storage module, cq-social-commons has the version number 1.9.76 and cq-social-blog is also gone. I guess that you should verify the upgrade logs if anything has gone wrong. Does your application run on an vanilla (non-upgraded AEM 6.4) version?

Jörg

Level 1

Hi Joerg,

Thank you for your response. We have decided to delete all cq-social, as it doesn't work in AEM 6.4.

PS: By the way to restate again, there were no deprecation, the java classes were reorganised.

Regards,

Mano