Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Upgrade from AEM6.0 to AEM6.1

Level 1

Hi All,

Greetings!

I am not sure if this is the right form if i can take help to fix my issue.

When i am trying to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 in my test environment, the upgrade has not happened rather my AEM still running with same version.(6.0) Not sure where the problem after the unpack i did not see any issue.

java -jar aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar -unpack
Loading quickstart properties: default
Loading quickstart properties: instance
Setting properties from filename '/AEM60/aemsoft/aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar                                                                                        '
Verbose mode - stdout/err not redirected to files, and stdin not closedResourceP                                                                                        rovider paths=[/gui, /gui/default]
quickstart.build=0.0.0.0_0_0_6_1_.20150521
quickstart.properties not found, initial install
UpgradeUtil.handleInstallAndUpgrade has mode INSTALL
Saving build number in quickstart.properties
Upgrade: no files to restore from pre-upgrade backup
File exists and cannot be overwritten, extracted to start.NEW_20150630_182100_37                                                                                        4 instead of /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/bin/start
File exists and cannot be overwritten, but unchanged: /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-                                                                                        quickstart/bin/quickstart
File exists and cannot be overwritten, but unchanged: /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-                                                                                        quickstart/bin/status
File exists and cannot be overwritten, but unchanged: /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-                                                                                        quickstart/bin/stop
33 files extracted from jar file
Running chmod +x /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/bin/start
Running chmod +x /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/bin/stop
Running chmod +x /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/bin/status
Running chmod +x /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/bin/quickstart
Running chmod +x /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart/opt/helpers/crx2oak.sh
Not starting the Quickstart server as the -unpack option is set
Quickstart files unpacked, server startup scripts can be found under /AEM60/aemsoft/crx-quickstart

Can someone help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

have you followed the documentation [1]. ACcording to this documentation you do not need to unpack the quickstart.jar, but rather shutdown, replace the old one and then restart (given that you have performed all relevant preparation steps).

kind regards,
Jörg

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

have you followed the documentation [1]. ACcording to this documentation you do not need to unpack the quickstart.jar, but rather shutdown, replace the old one and then restart (given that you have performed all relevant preparation steps).

kind regards,
Jörg

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade.html

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

There are a couple of steps that you can follow to analyze and troubleshoot upgrade specific issues:

REPOSITORY MIGRATION FAILING,  PACKAGES AND BUNDLES FAIL TO UPDATE, CUSTOM BUNDLES NOT SWITCHING TO THE ACTIVE STATE etc

Please go through the below document to know in detail on how to analyze:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade.html#Analyzing Issues With The Upgrade

Thanks!

Level 1

now i am able to perform the upgrade but only one change i made in my approach with applying service pack through package manager rather using below method like placing the the service pack1 jar file in crx-quickstart/install directory.

whether that is caused not upgrading to 6.1? any clue?