Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to login with Contributors group permission in AEMaaCS

Level 9

I created a group called Down Group and assed Contributors as a member. And created a test user called down-group-user and mapped the test user to the Down Group. The following error appears when I try to login with the test user,

Group Setting

Mario248_0-1670430337811.png

Error while login

Mario248_2-1670430376532.png

My understanding is that Contributors have the least permission, which allows them to log into the system and read permission. I'm not sure what's wrong. 

It works if I add a Contributors group directly to the user. The same does not work when I add the same to a group, however. There is a problem with group of groups permissions. Could you please clarify? 
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 ,

That's expected behaviour, to recapitulate,

To achieve your requirement please try this,

1. Create Down Group and add this group to the member of Contributor group(not the opposite way) like below

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 5.45.47 PM.png

2. Then assign your down-group-user user to the Down Group.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Mario248 

There are few things to consider for troubleshooting:
1. Check down-group-user Permissions - Permissions assigned to a user, takes precedence over Member Group Permissions
2. In the screen shot, I also see DAM Users Group added as Group Member for Down Group, this can be the culprit too.

3. Down Group might also carry some permissions, which would be taking precedence over Contributors

3. Also, please share the URL you are trying to access, while logged in as down-group-user

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 ,

That's expected behaviour, to recapitulate,

To achieve your requirement please try this,

1. Create Down Group and add this group to the member of Contributor group(not the opposite way) like below

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 5.45.47 PM.png

2. Then assign your down-group-user user to the Down Group.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh