Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to edit pages and templates / No root layout container when creating template

Level 1

c1.pngc2.pngI'm following the tutorial to create a new site https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/first_aem64_website.html. However I'm not able to edit template as there's no layout container.

template.png

Edit:

I creted a new page in we-retail website, which uses page-content template:

tem0.png

tem1.png

temp2.png

But it's still not editable. Anything what's created even existing we-retail templates and pages are not editable

Please help,

Kind regards,

Patryk

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @patrykmaryn 

Check if your template page component has the layout container included in it or not.

Navigate to editable tempalte jcr:content node within structure node and find the sling:resourceType and then look for the path in /apps.

asutosh_jena_0-1621931990892.png

asutosh_jena_1-1621932041011.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @patrykmaryn 

Check if your template page component has the layout container included in it or not.

Navigate to editable tempalte jcr:content node within structure node and find the sling:resourceType and then look for the path in /apps.

asutosh_jena_0-1621931990892.png

asutosh_jena_1-1621932041011.png

Level 1
Thanks for your reply. Accidentally I made your answer accepted. Please refer to my edited post, thanks

Community Advisor

@patrykmaryn This is an OOTB template which is used in we-retail! I doubt if accidentally any of the node has been deleted from the code.

Are you sure you are not able to edit the we-retail content page template?

Level 1
@Asutosh_Jena_ Please find my edited post. Is the problem related to having jar installed as publish? Evem though in config runmode is author?

Community Advisor

Hi @patrykmaryn 

For author instance, Please rename the jar to aem-author-p4502.jar and start the application by double clicking on the jar.

Before that make sure to remove the crx-quickstart folder which already contains the extracted files.

Once the server is starting you will be redirected to the login screen where you can login using admin/admin credentials.

Post installation, you can see the CQ_RUNMODE will be set to "author" with CQ_PORT as 4502 in start.bat file located under crx-quickstart/bin/. No Changes Required here.

On Author instance you can make all the content changes.

For publish instance, Please rename the jar to aem-publish-p4503.jar and start the application by double clicking on the jar.

Before that make sure to remove the crx-quickstart folder which already contains the extracted files(preferably in a different location than author).

Once the server is starting you will be redirected to we-retail landing page.

Post installation, you can see the CQ_RUNMODE will be set to "author" with CQ_PORT as 4502 in start.bat file located under crx-quickstart/bin/. Change the RUNMODE to "publish" and PORT to "4503"

On Publish instance you cannot make any content change. It's used only for viewing the pages and end user view.