Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create Windows Service for AEM 6.5 - Windows could not start the AEM Author service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access denied

Level 4

After migrating our aem Author instance from a physical server to a VM on a Gaap server (Windows 2016 server standard), I am unable to start our AEM Author windows service and receive the error: Windows could not start the AEM Author service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access denied . I tried deleting the service and reinstalling it and receive the same error when running the installer through the CMD prompt as Administrator. I am still able to start the instance through our start.bat file, and it runs without errors. There is no additional context in the Windows logs. Has anyone run into anything similar? And is there a way to remedy this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks for flagging this, but we managed to fix this issue. It was a window's driver issue that we resolved with Microsoft's tech support.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Administrator

@milind_bachani @krishna_sai @manjunathdj  @Siva_Sogalapalli @Manisha_Mirchandani @akhilraj @Nikhil-Kumar  @Lokesh_Vajrala @arunpatidar @aanchal-sikka @lukasz-m  @Esteban666 @Ritesh_Mittal @Shashi_Mulugu @Sady_Rifat  

I kindly request you to review this AEM question and share your expertise in addressing them. Alternatively, if you could provide some guidance to the author regarding the issue, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks for flagging this, but we managed to fix this issue. It was a window's driver issue that we resolved with Microsoft's tech support.