Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Translation job shows translated, but is not, can't review or accept

Level 1

I am using a connector to a translation service. This connector allows me to set up translation jobs and send, then receive translations back in AEM environment without manual export/import or packaging/sending. 

We have found that new files work perfectly. They go out, they come back, I see that the job status is "Ready for review",. inside the job, the file state is "Ready for review" and when I choose command "Preview in Sites", I preview files, the expected content is translated, and I have commands to accept or reject. 

However with any files that exist already and need to be updated with new translation, the job come back in status "Translated", the files inside show state as "translated" but on select of a file, the only command available is "Preview in Sites", no accept or reject. When I do preview, the content does not appear translated. The translation service has shown me the raw XML output they are returning, and the content IS translated.

The only other thing I am seeing that is not well explained in the AEM doc is a concept of “promoting” the content. It’s not clear what that is:

“Promoting Updated Content
When content is translated for an existing language copy, review the translations, make changes if necessary, and then promote the translations to move it to the language copy. You can review translated files when the translation job shows the Ready For Review status.”

There’s no “promote” command or any indication that I can take action to put the content in that state after the job comes back. However it is a setting that is available in the project set up. It is chosen by default. So I am not clear on what it does, but it is turned on. i have also tested with it turned off, with the same results.

Please advise, what am I missing here? Why don't I see the translated content in the preview? Why am I not given the commands to accept or reject? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on the information provided, it seems like there might be a configuration or setup issue causing the translated content to not appear correctly in the preview and preventing the accept or reject commands from being available. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Double-check the translation service integration: Ensure that the connector for the translation service is properly configured and integrated with your AEM environment. Verify that the connection settings, credentials, and endpoints are correctly set up.

2. Confirm the file update process: If you're updating existing files for translation, ensure that the update process is correctly handling the updated content. Check if the updated content is being sent to the translation service and received back with the translated content intact.

3. Review the translation job settings: Take a close look at the translation job settings within your AEM environment. Ensure that the job settings are configured properly to handle updates to existing files. Pay attention to options related to content promotion, file versions, and file state management.

4. Understand the "promote" concept: The concept of "promoting" the updated content might be related to moving the translated content from the translation job to the respective language copy in AEM. Review the AEM documentation or reach out to your AEM support team to gain a better understanding of how the promotion process works and whether it needs to be triggered manually.

5. Consult the AEM support or community: If you have followed the above steps and the issue still persists, it would be beneficial to consult the AEM support team or the AEM community forums. They can provide specific guidance related to the translation service connector, AEM configuration, or any known issues related to translation workflows in your AEM version.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Based on the information provided, it seems like there might be a configuration or setup issue causing the translated content to not appear correctly in the preview and preventing the accept or reject commands from being available. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Double-check the translation service integration: Ensure that the connector for the translation service is properly configured and integrated with your AEM environment. Verify that the connection settings, credentials, and endpoints are correctly set up.

2. Confirm the file update process: If you're updating existing files for translation, ensure that the update process is correctly handling the updated content. Check if the updated content is being sent to the translation service and received back with the translated content intact.

3. Review the translation job settings: Take a close look at the translation job settings within your AEM environment. Ensure that the job settings are configured properly to handle updates to existing files. Pay attention to options related to content promotion, file versions, and file state management.

4. Understand the "promote" concept: The concept of "promoting" the updated content might be related to moving the translated content from the translation job to the respective language copy in AEM. Review the AEM documentation or reach out to your AEM support team to gain a better understanding of how the promotion process works and whether it needs to be triggered manually.

5. Consult the AEM support or community: If you have followed the above steps and the issue still persists, it would be beneficial to consult the AEM support team or the AEM community forums. They can provide specific guidance related to the translation service connector, AEM configuration, or any known issues related to translation workflows in your AEM version.