Expand my Community achievements bar.

Touch UI datepicker store the value as "MM/DD/YYYY" only with out time

Level 2

I am new to touch ui and converting the existing classic dialog to touch UI and the main issue is i am facing is syncing classic dialog to touch dialog. in this new approach we are having date in classic dialog which stores date as "MM/DD/YYYY"
1462872_pastedImage_0.pngClassic Dialog

for this we are using format="m/d/Y" we are trying to get the same thing work in touch UI

1462873_pastedImage_1.pngTouch Dialog

but unable to store the value in string and as "MM/DD/YYYY" any help is appreciated.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Date picker component fetches the value that we author as Calendar object and formats the same using "org.apache.jackrabbit.util.ISO8601" -  ISO8601 (Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.7 API)

Perhaps we can amend the value in Sling Model (via Java's SimpleDateFormat) and use the same in HTL for displaying in page ultimately per your requirement.

Level 10

"I am new to touch ui "

See this new article. It uses a Touch UI Date Picker and HTL and shows you how to read it.

Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types

Follow the entire article and you will become much more familiar with Touch UI and granite/coral types.

Level 10

See the dialog that uses a date picker -- as I stated, you will learn how to work with these granite resource types.

Client6.png