Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

The custom aem workflow launcher with exclude list does not work.

Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom launcher where a workflow will be triggered when only one specific property is updated. This does not seem to work and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I am currently using AEM 6.5.11 version

manlosa2_0-1658376165941.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think NodeType you mentioned is dam:AssetContent which means its not metadata. Generally this node contains only few fields like name, parentPath, processed etc. 

You may be need to enable the launcher on your custom Metadata - In that case few configurations needs to be modified:

NodeType - nt:unstructured

Path - /content/dam/(/.*/)jcr:content/metadata (something like this)

Also, exclude list may include - jcr:lastModified,dc:modified,dc:format,jcr:lastModifiedBy,imageMap,event-user-data:changedByWorkflowProcess (may be more depending upon the usecase)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

I think NodeType you mentioned is dam:AssetContent which means its not metadata. Generally this node contains only few fields like name, parentPath, processed etc. 

You may be need to enable the launcher on your custom Metadata - In that case few configurations needs to be modified:

NodeType - nt:unstructured

Path - /content/dam/(/.*/)jcr:content/metadata (something like this)

Also, exclude list may include - jcr:lastModified,dc:modified,dc:format,jcr:lastModifiedBy,imageMap,event-user-data:changedByWorkflowProcess (may be more depending upon the usecase)

Level 2

Hi, thanks or your response. Can I exclude custom metadata or there's only a list you're allowed to exclude?

Level 5

Judging from the screenshot you provided, the configuration says to not to listen to changes in the property dc:title. This will trigger the workflow when any property except dc:title is modified, so kinda opposite to what you're after (to trigger the workflow when only dc:title changes).

One way is to add all possible node properties in the 'Exclude list' except for 'dc:title', but that isn't practical.

Another way would be to use custom event listener/handler:

https://aem.redquark.org/2018/10/day-14-eventing-in-aem.html

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-event-handler-how-to-p...